Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Comic Convention Setup for Alternative Press Expo

Alright folks, as promised, here's a photo of the complete set up from APE (Alternative Press Expo).  Just about everything I wrote about came in handy, minus the wipe board.  There simply was not enough space for that, and I made sure my smaller signage compensated for that.  And, before you ask, yes, I did remember the the bungee cord!  Cause I wrote it down, right?  (incidentally, I actually ended up leaving my notebook at home)  Anyhow, here's the setup:

 Cool, no?  In this photo the left hand side of the table seems sparse, but we actually put a stack of prints there.  It seemed to work out well, but we're still looking into new ways to make use of the space effectively and show off our stuff better.  As always, it was a learning experience.  And in case you're curious, here's how it looks all packed up:
 

 I was impressed!  One trip!  Keep in mind that includes t-shirts and tons of drawing crap from behind that table that you don't see in the first image.  Also, tip:  That bin I used is not the best-- I would recommend away from something that tapers so much down to the bottom for something more uniform.  Yep, there's a cart behind all that.  

That's it for now, I'll try and post a bit about how the APE went a little later.  I actually have to write something up for a press release, so I'll make it a two birds with one stone type of deal (workflow, people!).  In the mean time, since its related, I wanted to direct your attention to another fantastic article about convention prep at Optimum Wound, only leaning more toward portfolio reviews:



No comments:

Post a Comment