Thursday, October 29, 2009

Speaking of Ink Work...

Almost like fate, while I'm considering all this inking stuff, I stumbled upon a blog I hadn't visited before called Illustration Art.  The newest post was called "Ink and Commitment" which was truly inspiring and thought provoking.

I read a lot of digital vs. traditional articles, blog posts, and forum debates.  Since I'm primarily a digital artist, I find it an interesting subject, albeit a tad aggravating at times, as some of the traditionalists have some pretty harsh feelings toward digital art.  But that's okay.  I can understand where they're coming from (even if I don't totally agree with their opinions), and I love working traditionally as well, and have a great respect for all of those who do.  (Really, I go digital because I can just get more done faster).

Anyhow, you'll find none of that in this post.  Sure it's an arguement for the traditional side, but for the virtues of working with ink, not for the "pitfalls" of working digitally.  Well, minus one amusing remark noting that the Wacom tablet's ancestry can be traced back to the Etch-a-Sketch.   Its almost a love letter to ink.  And it was just what I needed to read today at just the right time!

No comments:

Post a Comment