Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Re-Boot/Re-Vamp/Re-Imagine/Re-Purpose

So!  I think its fairly obvious that, y'know, given that most of my posts are either a barrage of linkage or me proudly announcing that I'm "back on track" as far as blogging goes (every month and a half or so), that I'm pretty much not really keeping up with the blogging.  That's what you call opening with the obvious.  On to the point.

I have this problem with biting off more than I can chew, project wise, and then letting some things flounder (aka this blog) and some things excel (my comics).  But I really want the blog to work, because I feel like I need it as an outlet, and as a document of what I'm doing.  I need something beyond my "page commentary" (long winded as it is) on my Drunk Duck updates.  I mean, that's why I started this blog. 

The problem is: I want my blog to succeed on the same level as my comics.  I want my blog to be realized in the way that I feel my comics are realized (which, is to say that they achieve my goals for them on a personal level, if not a commercial one).    Why is that a problem?  Well because I consume a ton of fantastic comics blogs daily, and with those in mind, and some already ambitious goals of running an art/tutorial/geek (I hate that term by the way- for another day- but I guess I gotta use the language) blog I was having trouble bringing myself to post because nothing I could post would ever be worth while. 


Meaning, I'd post nothing.


For a bit I thought that giving myself some kind of rigorous posting schedule with regular features would be the answer (structure usually helps me), but that didn't seem to help in this case.



So with that sort of reality set in, I'm going to make one last noble attempt at this blog and see where it lands me.  I considered obliterating all the previous posts for a fresh start, but I can't quite bring myself to do that-- but from here on out, its just going to be me doing whatever I do.  I'm just going to post on whatever comes out and let the blog define itself organically.  I can be happy with that.

BUT in the mean time, to add a little structure-- since Mastorism has just kicked up a new storyline, I'm going to start mirroring the page posts here.  In fact, I think I'm going to use this site's RSS feed as the official Mastorism feed and see how that works out too...

 So, for all 2 of you out there... thanks for sticking around... more should be coming up soon.  Actually absolutely more will because I'm going to be posting those pages.  Enough typing for one post thought.  I'm heading on out for a bit.........

No comments:

Post a Comment