Tuesday, October 27, 2009

More Ghost Story Development... and an Explosion Proof Preview

Refining the heavy brushwork a bit.  I'm not sure if I like this or my previous attempt better.  Maybe a happy medium is what I'm after:

I have a very specific mood in mind that I just don't think my regular artwork will capture... I think its going to be a process, and these are just very loose initial experiments.  Once again, this was done on cheap copy paper (not bristol) using my Pentel Pocket Brush. 

For those of you wondering if I'm totally abandoning my normal style you've become so accustomed to in Mastorism and Explosion Proof....  NO I'M NOT!  In fact, here's a sampling of what I'm currently working on.  Its a couple panels from the newest Explosion Proof story for a (scheduled) March edition of Lady Fight:


For those of you wondering, drawn top to bottom in Manga Studio 4 Debut.  I wanted to give you a little bit more, but, sorry, I'm gonna have to make you wait!  I'll probably run this directly after the current story that I'm running on Drunk Duck-- which I think will likely be before it goes to print.  How bout that!

For those of you who aren't familiar with my regular art, though, I hope this illustrates how far against my natural instincts this ghost story experiment is!

More as it comes!


No comments:

Post a Comment