Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mastorism - Terror in Sector Five - Page 09



Click to Enlarge

Well, I think when I did the layout for this page, I ended up putting a ton of dialog on that first panel because I wasn't sure if I was going to spend much time on it or not-- Once I started in on drawing it though, I wanted it to get kinda detailed (for me at least) with it, and so I did. 

Side note: You may have noticed, I tend not to get too dialog heavy in any one panel.  In fact, in most cases, the way I prefer to pace things, is break up the panels according to the dialog (atypical of standard American mainstream comics, but feels the best to me).

So, then going back and lettering it, I realized, that the word balloons were covering of a huge chunk of my artwork.  So, naturally I kicked myself for a while over that, and even pondered some alterations and re-writes to the dialog to deal with it.  Ultimately, though, I decided to leave everything more or less as it was, and I am still pretty happy with it.

There's you're behind the scenes for this particular page.

ANYHOW-- THURSDAY, BE HERE because, I am telling you, they find who they are looking for, and its someone we thought we'd probably never see again!  Who could it be?  Find out then!

Thanks for reading and commenting, as always, and take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment