Thursday, April 21, 2011

More Progress in My "Getting-My-Act-Together-A-Thon"

Last time I checked in, I was working on totally revamping my website. That is now finally complete. Or as complete as I'd like it to be before exposing people to it. Gonna ramble more about it, but if you want to go and check it out, its www.mattchee.com - knock yourself out! There's a new comic strip posted there too.  Check it out!

So, like I was saying, I would have loved for it to be totally robust and jam packed with content right out the gate, but thinking like that tends to make me NEVER be ready, so I just had to say "This is where it starts" and then plan to build from there. I had a couple goals to hit before I went "live" with it, though. I wanted to make sure and have a "store" or "shop" (I think I actually called it both) with all the stuff I sell, have graphical links to all of my social media type sites, and then, of course, some new comic art to showcase right on the front page. So if you go there now, you'll see I have all that.  I don't want to drag on, but I'll have to blog about the various details of setting all that up at some point.  Anyhow, check out the site, here's a preview, too:


Maybe you notice I've mentioned social networking. Most of that I already had in place. My twitter account (which I've recently switched from InkOutside to just mattchee, in case you haven't been keeping track), this blog, and I've even gotten my marketing-type emails rolling (I use MailChimp fyi - you can sign up over on the right there). But for Facebook, I'd been a passive user, so I figured it was time to kick it up a notch and make myself an artist page. So that's what I did.  You can check that out here. So, we'll see how that goes.

So, I'm kinda getting my act together as far as self promoting goes, so I'm just going to keep plugging away, and maybe do a little artwork inbetween, eh?

Anyhow, that's all for now. Not extremely exciting, I suppose, but I think, with this particular blog, in addition to the other stuff, I'm kinda chronicling my life in comics...  so... yeah... see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment